There are days when you have a sore throat or terrible acne that needs tending to and there is barely any time to go and see a doctor, or the allopathic medicines just don’t suit you. More than anything, we wish we had a list of all ailments and their natural treatments. I mean imagine, how easy it would be to just scroll a list, find the ailment and the treatment to it, all in seconds!
Here is your one stop list for all common ailments and the Ayurvedic medicine that can cure them:
- Common cold- Common cold is considered more of a symptom than a full blown ailment by some physicians- it can be an indicator for a fever or a possible other infection. Cold can easily be treated at home with some dry ginger and peppers boiled in hot water and consuming this mixture 2-3 times a day. In this case ginger and pepper act as Ayurvedic medicines. Another easy home remedy is inhaling the steam of eucalyptus oil and ginger in water.
- Common fever- With temperature changes and weather being unpredictable, fever comes and goes. Even though not serious, if untreated, fever can become pneumonia very easily. Ayurveda treats fever with eating right foods and avoiding the wrong ones. A person suffering from fever should eat fruits and vegetables and avoid cold foods and junk food. A warm drink of honey, pepper, and cinnamon is one of the best cures for fever. Consuming ginger and cumin seeds also helps in reducing and treating fever.
- Dandruff- One of the most common hair problems, Ayurveda treats dandruff with fenugreek, lime, curd, and green gram powder. Soak fenugreek seeds overnight, drain water and make a paste of the soaked seeds, mix curd if need be. Apply paste on scalp on a weekly basis to treat dandruff effectively. Applying just curd or lime juice standalone to the scalp for an hour can help treat dandruff as well.
- Headaches- Majority of millennial people get headaches due to stress, hypertension, and sleeplessness. Modern lifestyle contributes to a lot to our health and well being. A good night’s sleep is essential to reduce headaches. Proper meals including a good amount of vegetables are necessary and avoiding fried foods is important. A paste of ginger powder and water can be applied to the forehead to treat headaches.
- Toothache- Infection in teeth can cause severe pain due to the nerves present in them. Cavities, gum diseases, and other oral problems can cause pain. Clove and onion are used to treat toothaches in Ayurveda. Clove contains antiseptic and astringent properties that help reduce pain considerably. Keeping clove between the infected tooth for an hour or two can reduce pain considerably.
- Menstrual cramps- Cramps make our daily functioning extremely painful. Consuming aloe vera gel with a pinch of black pepper 2-3 times a day can reduce cramping and pains.
7. Gas- Not eating for long periods and eating a lot of junk food can be a cause of gas. Gas leaves us uncomfortable and also may cause stomachache in many cases. Drinking warm water with half a tsp baking soda and lemon juice can help treat gas problems easily.